|EBFC Volunteers Respond to Gas Grill Fire|
|By East Brandywine Fire Company|
|October 10, 2019|
On Thursday October 10th just after 7:30pm the company was dispatched to the unit block of Cambridge Ct in East Brandywine for a reported gas grill fire. Initial reports were of a propane grill fully engulfed on the back deck of a residence. The resident attempted to put the flames out with an extinguisher but were unsuccessful.
Chief and Assistant 49 went responding along with Engine 49-2 in less then 2 minutes from dispatch. Assistant 49 arrived first and confirmed the report and that the tank was involved as well. Engine 49-2 arrived and laid a supply line from the hydrant to the scene and stretched an 1 3/4 handline and started cooling the propane tank down while also extinguishing the fire. Ladder 49, Engine 49-5 and Utility 49 all made the response as well.
Luckily the fire did not spread to the house and the fire was under control quickly.