|Chimney Fire in Wallace Township|
|By East Brandywine Fire Company|
|April 10, 2020|
On Friday night April 10th just after 9:30pm East Brandywine volunteers were dispatched to assist Station 48 (Glen Moore) on a chimney fire in the unit block of Seminary Rd in Wallace Township. Initial report from the resident was that the fire was contained to the chimney and smoke throughout the house.
Ambulance 244-1 arrived first and reported nothing showing from the exterior of the residence. Crews from 48 arrived on location and began to check the interior of the house while crews from 49 went to the roof to check the top of the chimney. Crews did have an active fire in the chimney and use chains to clear out the blockages. Once the chimney was clear crews on the inside were able to clean out the firebox and clear the smoke from the residence.
Members were on location for approx. 30 minutes before clearing the scene.
EBFC responded with Ladder 49, Engines 49-5 and 49-2 and Utility 49. Deputy and Assistant 49 were on location as well.