|Small Fire inside Amphitheater at Hopewell United Methodist Church|
|By East Brandywine Fire Company|
|September 4, 2021|
Just before 8:30 pm, Station 49 was dispatched to the Hopewell United Methodist Church for a possible electrical fire at the Amphitheater to the rear of the church.
Initial reports were of a fire in part of the amphitheater and that a subject on location was using a fire extinguisher on the fire.
Chief, Deputy, Ladder 49, Engine 49-2, and Engine 49-5 all made the response. Chief and Deputy 49 arrived on location and had light smoke showing from the side of the amphitheater and found a small fire inside a storage area to the right side of the stage. Engine 49-2 arrived on location and crews were able to quickly access the room and began to remove the items that were on fire and smoldering and wet them down to ensure they did not catch fire again. Crews from Ladder 49 and Engine 49-5 arrived and assisted. Once all the items were removed and extinguished a fan was used to clear all of the smoke left inside.
Luckily there was no structural damage to the amphitheater and no one was injured.
Crews were on scene for approx. 30 minutes.