|Underground Propane Line Struck|
|By East Brandywine Fire Company|
|November 15, 2022|
Just after 10am on Tuesday morning 11/15/2022, the EBFC volunteers were dispatched to the 300 block of Dawson Place in East Brandywine for a gas leak outside.
Units were advised of a gas line that was struck by a construction crew while they were digging in the area of the sidewalk. Deputy 49 and Engine 49-2 made the response and upon arrival confirmed an active leak from an unknown size propane line that was struck. The crew from Engine 49-2 secured a water supply at the nearest hydrant and stretched a precautionary 1 3/4 handline. Engine 49-5 also made the response and assisted.
An Engine from Minquas Fire Company was also requested to the scene to assist. While crews were waiting for the gas to be turned off, Police and Fire went door to door in the immediate area to make sure all residents were evacuated. Within 10 minutes crews on site were able to shut down the gas line and stop the leak.
Fire crews were then able to wrap up and clear the scene. Fire Crews were on location for approx. 45 minutes.