|Christmas House Fire in Wallace Township|
|By East Brandywine Fire Company|
|December 25, 2022|
On Christmas Night shortly before 8pm, EBFC volunteers were dispatched to assist Glen Moore Fire Company along with several other departments on a reported house fire in the 900 block of Springton Rd in Wallace Township.
Initial reports from the homeowner were of smoke in the residence coming from the chimney and a "roaring" noise even though there was no longer any wood in the fireplace.
Chief 48 arrived on location with light smoke showing from the residence. Ladder 49's crew arrived on location and placed ground ladders around the residence and went to the roof to begin checking for fire conditions in the chimney. While working on the roof and opening up crews found fire in the attic and Chief 48 requested the working fire dispatch.
Engine 49-5 and 49-2 who were both on location performed a split lay up the long driveway and combined dropped 1300 feet of 5 inch supply line.
Crews operated on scene for over an hour before the fire was placed under control and crews were able to clear the scene.